Who we are
Saint Roques Automobile Co Ltd trading as Balmoral Garage is a Ford Retail dealership based in Blairgowrie, Perth & Kinross. A Ford franchised dealer, Balmoral Garage supply new and used Ford and non-Ford vehicles; operate a Service Department; MOT testing station (Station Number 3872A1) and Parts Department.
The trading company operates from one site at Balmoral Garage, Balmoral Road, Blairgowrie, PH10 7AB.
The parent company head office is Donore, David Street, Blairgowrie, PH10 6HF. Company Registration Number: 11871.
This notice explains the approach of Balmoral Garage in collection, recording, storing, transferring and communicating data whilst carrying out our duties as a dealership.
Balmoral Garage is fully committed to handling customer and employee data in accordance with data protection legislation and best practices. This means your information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, legitimate and appropriate purposes.
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes.
- As correct and up to date as reasonably possible
- Kept for a reasonable length of time and stored in accordance with retention policies.
- Processed to ensure the appropriate level of security.
How do we collect personal information?
Balmoral Garage collects data in various ways. These are listed, however not limited, to the following list:
- Direct personal contact at our dealership
- Telephone conversations – calls are not audio recorded
- Email and written correspondence
- Application Forms and information requests
- Social Media
- Visitors to our website
- Collected from Ford Motor Company
What information do we collect?
Personal Data: This may include data such as name, contact details (including mobile and home telephone numbers, home and business addresses and email address), digital copies of physical and electronic correspondence and the link between you and your vehicle.
Sensitive Data: These forms of information, such as sexual orientation, race, religion, politics and genetics have no relevance or influence on our services and are therefore neither collected, nor recorded.
What is the lawful basis for Balmoral Garage’s processing activities?
Personal information is only processed where we understand there is a lawful basis to do so. Processing of data is necessary for us to meet our legitimate interests as a Ford dealership. Examples of these processing activities’ are listed but not limited to:
- General administration for maintaining our client database
- Corresponding with clients in respect of delivery of services
- Providing clients with technical information/advice about goods and services
- Necessary to perform a contract or take steps at your request to enter in to a contract
Customer contact is deemed within both the customer’s interest and Balmoral Garage’s legitimate interest in the following purposes:
- Contact for the purposes of advice in regards to vehicle lease and options available
- Contact for the purposes of advice in regards to Hire Purchase agreement conclusion and options available
- Contact for the purposes of advice in regards to PCP agreement conclusion and options available
- Vehicle recalls and Field Service Actions, where safety may be affected
- MOT test reminders where legality may be affected
- Service reminders where safety or warranty may be affected
- Safety checks/Extended maintenance, i.e timing belt change where safety may be affected
It is the policy of Balmoral Garage that customer contact is primarily made for the purposes of advice and not the marketing of products. Items checked during these maintenance intervals can be safety critical and could affect overall condition if left unchecked or not maintained correctly. In extreme cases, this could lead to failure and potential injury of vehicle occupants or other road users. It is also likely the vehicle’s value or warranty will be affected. Therefore there is a legitimate interest between Balmoral Garage and the data subject.
NOTE: In cases where a customer has expressed they do not wish to be contacted we shall honour this and not contact, even in consideration of the above.
Do we share personal data with third parties?
Generally, we do not receive information about you from third parties. Generally, we would only receive information from referrers, such as existing customers or business partners, particularly Ford Motor Company.
This will typically be your name and contact details but may include additional information which they provide to us. We will process this information to take steps to gain your consent to enter into a contract for us to provide you with our goods and or services or where we have a legitimate interest.
The following is a list of the main third parties with whom we may share personal information. Whenever we share personal data, we take all reasonable steps to ensure it will be handled appropriately and securely by the third party. This list is indicative but not exhaustive:
- Service providers; as with most businesses we use a number of third parties to provide us with services which are necessary to run our business, including vehicle manufacturer, telephone provider, e-mail provider, IT and web developer
- Independent contractors; occasionally, we may use independent contractors. It may be necessary for us to share information from time to time but ONLY when it is required for them to perform the function we have hired them for.
- Insurers; We will share information with our insurers where it is necessary to do so, in relation to a claim or potential claim.
- For legal reasons; If we suspect criminal or potential criminal conduct we are duty bound to contact the appropriate authority, such as the police.
- Enforcement of our legal rights; We may use your information in connection with enforcement of our legal rights, for example sharing information with Debt Collection agencies if you do not pay amounts owed to us under contractual obligation. It may also be necessary if we are involved in a dispute with you or a third party.
Third party companies we may share information with, indicative list but not exhaustive:
- Ford Motor Company
- Aviva Insurance
- Gemini Systems
- Motor Ombudsman
The above companies all conduct business according to their own privacy policies.
How long to we retain your information
The periods for which we retain information depends on the purpose for which the information was obtained, but in general terms, we will retain data for as long as required by law or as may be required for record keeping and legal claim purposes.
How do we store your information securely
Personal information is processed by our staff at Balmoral Garage, Blairgowrie, UK. Information is stored digitally on our Dealer Management System, Gemini Evolution DX with a secure backup server situated on site and further cloud backup maintained by CCN Limited, Perth. Password protected access is required and only given to specified staff. Hard copy invoices, job cards and other contractual items retained on site are stored in locked and secure cabinets, accessed only by specified staff.
Should we become aware of a compromise of your information then we will notify you, those affected and the ICO as soon as practicable and within the 72-hour requirement. We will provide details of what information may have been obtained and advise you of any recommended actions
Our website and emails may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content of practices of these other sites and we would recommend that you check their own privacy policies.
Your rights where we are processing your information
Subject to certain limitations you have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Access to your information - you have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you and what we hold
- Correcting your information - we endeavour to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. We will ask you to confirm contact details when you visit our dealership but at any time you may ask us to correct any personal information you believe does not meet these standards
- Objecting to how we may use your information - you have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest, or in exercising official authority vested in us then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
- Restricting how we may use your information – in some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold, or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right may also apply is we no longer have a basis for using your personal information but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims, or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
- Withdrawing consent for your information – where we use your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time, and we will stop using your personal information for the purposes for which the consent was given.
- Deletion of your information - you have the right to ask us to delete personal information where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes that it was obtained
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent
- You have validly objected to our use of personal information
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or other legal obligations
Deletion requests can be made in writing to the contact details set out in the ‘contact information and further advice’ section. As per ICO guidelines we aim to complete all requests within 28 days.
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from persons under the age of 17. In some cases, for example whereby a Motability recipient is below the age of 18, we will endeavour to collect the information from the “Appointee” wherever possible.
We keep this notice under regular review and may update as and when the need arises.
Contact information and further advice
If you have any questions that are not covered in this notice, we suggest you e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to submit questions in writing you can contact us at GDPR Data Controller, Balmoral Garage, Balmoral Road, Blairgowrie, PH10 7AB.
A hard copy of this document is available on site or can be requested in writing to the above addresses.
In the first instance we seek to directly resolve all complaints about how we handle personal information. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office as below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street
Email – Scotland@ico.org.uk
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns